BA, BA (Hons) and MA (Unisa), BCom (Hons) (RAU), BA (Philosophy, Politics and Economics) (Unisa)
Fred Phaswana is the chairman of SBG and SBSA. He is also the chairman of the South African Institute of International Affairs and a non-executive director on the board of Naspers.
Fred was previously regional president of BP Africa and chairman of Anglo American South Africa, Anglo Platinum, Transnet, Ethos Private Equity, the South African Energy Association and the advisory board of the Cape Town Graduate School of Business. He is former vice chairman of World Wildlife Fund South Africa and Business Leadership South Africa, and was the honorary president of the Cape Town Press Club.
- group/SBSA directors’ affairs committees (chairman)
- group/SBSA risk and capital management committees
- group remuneration committee
- group social and ethics committee
- SBSA large exposure credit committee