The group at a glance
Our holding company is publicly owned, headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and is listed on the JSE Limited (share code SBK) and on the Namibian Stock Exchange (NSX) (share code SNB).
- Standard Bank Group is the largest African bank by assets and earnings.
- Our history dates as far back as 1862.
- Our brand is consistently one of the most recognised in South Africa.
- Represented in 18 countries on the African continent, including South Africa, as well as in other selected emerging markets.
- Standard Bank has 1 248 branches, including loan centres, and 8 464 ATMs on the African continent.
- We employ more than 49 000 people across all geographies, including Liberty.
Our major subsidiaries
- The Standard Bank of South Africa
- Stanbic Africa Holdings
- Standard International Holdings (which includes Standard Bank Plc)
- Standard Bank Offshore Group
- Liberty Holdings (53.6%)
Click here to view the organogram