The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited has signed a US$268 million 3-year term loan facility in Taipei, Taiwan. The transaction was launched at US$200 million and an oversubscription of USD68 million was obtained, thus allowing for a final take of US$268 million.
Bank of Taiwan's South Africa branch, was mandated to co-ordinate the facility and is the appointed agent bank.
Says Simon Ridley, Group Financial Director: "We are delighted to have raised such a sizeable amount for the tenor indicated. This is The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited's second successful term fund raising achievement in the Taiwanese market."
The money will be used for general corporate purposes by The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited, including, trade-related finance.
The 18 participating banks in the transaction are:
1. Bank of Taiwan, South Africa Branch
2. Bank Sinopac, Offshore Banking Branch
3. Cathay United Bank
4. Chinatrust Commercial Bank Co, Ltd, Offshore Banking Branch
5. HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Limited
6. Mega International Commercial Bank Co, Ltd, Offshore Banking Branch
7. Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank Co, Ltd
8. Taishin International Bank
9. Taiwan Cooperative Bank (Co-ordinating Mandated Lead Arrangers)
10. Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Taipei Branch (Mandated Lead Arranger)
11. Chang Hwa Commercial Bank, Ltd, Offshore Banking Branch
12. E.Sun Commercial Bank, Ltd, Offshore Banking Branch
13. Far Eastern International Bank
14. Land Bank of Taiwan Co, Ltd, Hong Kong Branch
15. Yuanta Commercial Bank (Lead Managers)
16. Bank of Kaohsiung, Offshore Banking Branch
17. Bank of Panhsin
18. Sunny Bank Ltd., (the Managers).
Standard Bank Group facilitation of Woolworths' ground-breaking acquisition wins Deal of the Year ....
Standard Bank Arranges USD 1.25 Billion Eskom Bond Sale to International Investors