Standard Bank Graduate Programmes
Whichever Standard Bank Graduate Programme you choose, you’ll find these things in common: quality, possibility, and unparalleled opportunity. And that’s because there’s nothing more important to us than helping you fulfil your potential. From shadowing senior colleagues to working on projects that make a difference on the world, on our Graduate Programmes you’ll build the skills, gain the experience, and enjoy the freedom you need to create a brighter future not only for yourself, but for Africa too.
Through comprehensive banking solutions, we address the needs of small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and commercial banking clients.
With innovative, open architecture solutions across our organisation, this team is helping us move from traditional financial services to a platform-led ecosystem.
For individuals and families, we provide banking and wealth management solutions, including insurance, investments, and advisory.
We unlock Africa’s potential through proactive client partnerships that deliver relevant solutions to large multinational and institutional clients
Engineering is the driving force behind our transformation to a digital platform-led organisation – working in partnership with some of the world’s biggest tech companies.
Specialist Functions is the heart beat of our business. The specialist teams set good practice standards at group level as well as working across business lines and countries providing expertise, guidance and professional services that are purposefully shaped to enable every part of the business.
2022 applications open from 1 April to 8 July.
We don’t always know where life will take us, so we’ve put together a range of benefits tailored specifically to help you take care of yourself and those you love.
- Wellness programmes
- Counselling and advisory services
- Life, personal accident, incapacity and funeral cover
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) cover
- Discounted rates for voluntary benefits such as spouse life cover, dread disease cover, funeral cover for parents and/or parents-in-law and medical aid gap cover.
We all have dreams and goals in life – so we have several ways to help make them more accessible to you, with significant savings.
- Retirement funding
- Discounted banking products
- Transactional and investment banking products
- Home loans and vehicle finance at preferential rates
- Access to credit
- Assistance with insurance and wills
- Online share trading
We believe in recognising the hard work and positive approach of our people – so we have three formal recognition programmes.
- Beyond Excellence
- Mark of Excellence
- Long service awards
Your life outside work is important, so we have a leave structure which gives you plenty of time to relax, thrive and be the best you. The exact leave benefits you receive will depend on the country you join us in, but can include the following:
- Vacation leave
- Additional vacation leave
- Study leave
- Parental leave
- Compassionate/family responsibility leave
- Special discretionary leave
- Sabbatical leave
- Sick leave
- Short-term incapacity leave
- Recognition leave
- Optional unpaid leave.
We believe in making dreams possible and connecting the brightest talent to the meaningful opportunities they need to build their skills, ignite their ambitions, and get closer to their purpose.
- Visit the Careers Portal
- Go to the apply tab then select my profile.
- If you are a first-time visitor select tell me more to create your SmartRecruiters profile.
- Complete the profile information or upload your LinkedIn or Indeed profile to create a SmartRecruiters profile
- Once your profile has been completed and you have uploaded your supporting documents then you can apply for your preferred Early Careers Programme.
Once you've successfully passed the screening part of our process, we'll invite you to a video interview for the programme you've selected.
If your application is unsuccessful for your preferred programme, but you meet the criteria for another, we'll invite you to a video interview for that programme.
If you're successful at the interview stage, we'll then ask you to take part in an assessment. Each assessment we run is individually linked to one of our Early Careers Programmes, but we'll be sure to give you more information on what's expected of you beforehand.
Although we'd like to offer all the talented applicants a place, competition for spaces on our Early Career Programmes is often fierce. That's why, post assessment stage, we'll prioritise letting you know whether your application has been successful or not.