Own your future with a Standard Bank Group Internship
We know that investing in ambitious young people like you now, will lead to a brighter future for Africa.
And our Internship programme lets us do just that. If you’d like to progress your education further, get some meaningful work experience – and find new ways to make your dreams possible with a specialist qualification – then we’d love to invest in you.
Once you’ve completed your internship, you’ll possess highly in-demand skills and qualifications. So, you’ll be able to own your career potential, and apply for the role of your dreams.
Join our Internship programme, and it’s not just your future you’ll have a positive effect on. You’ll become part of our journey to create better tomorrows for everyone across Africa.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
You can choose from a number of market-leading internships, offering between 12 to 24 months’ fixed term employment. You’ll receive a monthly stipend, plus invaluable coaching and mentoring while you’re studying for your qualification.
- Fixed term employment Standard Bank Group for 12/18/24 months
- Monthly stipend
- Performance rewards and benefits
- Certification specific to the skills being built on the programme
- Practical meaningful workplace experience
This programme is designed to help you gain valuable work experience in customer interactions, transactional banking with a high focus on sales.
- Qualification level: 3-year finance-related qualification
- Next intake: 2022
Behavioural Economics at Standard Bank Group uses behavioural insights to help us better understand our clients, so we can deliver more of what they want and need, while shaping and influencing their behaviour. In this programme, you'll gain unrivalled knowledge of this ever-evolving field, and work across several functions to discover how it's applied throughout the bank.
- Qualification Level: An Honours or Master's in Psychology, Industrial Psychology, Economics, Neuroscience or Cognitive Science
- Next intake: April 2022
This internship is designed to develop specialist tax skills as it relates to deceased estates and trusts. The 24-month programmes includes a formal certificate at a postgraduate level with an accredited training provider.
- Qualification level: BCom Honours (specialising in Tax)
- Next intake: 2023
This internship is designed to give you valuable insights into both litigation and transactional law within the banking environment, as well as help establish your legal mind as a Corporate Lawyer.
- Qualification level: LLB/LLM graduates
- Work experience: Must have recently served their articles and are or about to become admitted attorneys. They should be able to demonstrate legal skills and experience in the following areas:
- Banking and Financial Services
- General Corporate/Restructuring & Liquidations
- Next intake: 2023
Applications open on 1 April 2022, and close on 30 June 2022.