People and Culture careers
Our purpose is to enable our people to become the best version of themselves to help drive Africa’s growth. Our people are our brand, and their solutions, advice and service-orientation are largely what drives the loyalty of our clients. As a result, our leaders take the people agenda very seriously. That is why we partner our leaders to accelerate growth and lead our culture and then we create an environment where all our people have opportunities to engage in meaningful work that allows them to grow develop and very importantly to remain “future fit”.
Our People & Culture strategic pillar is deeply aligned to the journey our group is on to ensure we understand the short and long-term shifts we need to make in support our business, whilst using outside insights to ensure our P&C team continues to evolve.
From embracing the power of data to make wise and responsive people decisions, delivering maximum well-being offerings and exceptional learning journeys, to rewarding great performance. We are committed to better organise the business to make our people’s jobs easy to serve our clients. Given the pace of change in the markets we operate in, the career opportunities are varied and exciting, as we actively prepare the organisation to embrace the future world of work.
By focussing on the most critical challenges, driving macro-level people-centric solutions, and navigating stakeholder requirements, they innovate for the future, serving the entire business value chain. Ultimately, they are stewards, role-models, and catalysts for the business-wide culture, providing expert guidance to our leaders.
Rise, grow and win with us in the generalist area of:
- P&C Business Partners
Combining rich employee insights gained over time, with a clear business strategy focused on driving Africa’s growth and world class standards, we are poised to expand our practices, and ecosystem partnerships to better serve a platform business, whilst spearheading our people capabilities and future skills readiness.
Rise, grow and win with us in the following specialised career areas:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Employee relations
- Employee wellbeing
- Learning & leadership development
- Organisational design, Job design and evaluation
- Performance Management
- Talent Acquisition
- Talent and succession
Digitisation, Insights & Operations (DIO) has made big strides in delivering secure, personalised and digitally enhanced experiences to our people, with the main objective to enhance the employee experience. We have automated many of our routine processes and continue to search for ways to do more, as we better enable employees to work anywhere – using user-friendly digital tools to deliver to the organisation. In addition, we’re supporting our teams to navigate disruptive change.
Our people data allow us to understand, change and shape the world we live in. When we embrace the power of data, we enable our teams and leaders to make wise and responsive people decisions. Our drive to create people insights and enhance predictive analytics, are seated in our passion for insights driven people decision making and a personalised employee experience.
What’s more, in close partnership with our engineering, business and our people solutions teams, we’re continuously experimenting and innovating. So, while we’re working hard to ensure quality and reliable data, we’re also listening to the voices of our people to shape the capabilities of our business for an exciting future.
Rise, grow and win with us in the following areas:
- Behavioural science
- Data & Data Governance
- Digital solutions
- Process engineering
- Programme Management
- Risk, Governance and Operations
- Workforce Insights
Personal employee benefits designed with you in mindWhen you join us, you’ll enjoy benefits designed to help you achieve your ambitions inside work and out, both now and in the future. The exact benefits you receive will depend on the country you join us in, but can include the following:
We don’t always know where life will take us, so we’ve put together a range of benefits tailored specifically to help you take care of yourself and those you love.
- Wellness programmes
- Counselling and advisory services
- Life, personal accident, incapacity and funeral cover
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) cover
- Discounted rates for voluntary benefits such as spouse life cover, dread disease cover, funeral cover for parents and/or parents-in-law and medical aid gap cover
We all have dreams and goals in life – so we have several ways to help make them more accessible to you, with significant savings.
- Retirement funding
- Discounted banking products
- Transactional and investment banking products
- Home loans and vehicle finance at preferential rates
- Access to credit
- Assistance with insurance and wills
- Online share trading
We believe in recognising the hard work and positive approach of our people – so we have three formal recognition programmes.
- Beyond Excellence
- Mark of Excellence
- Long service awards
Your life outside work is important, so we have a leave structure which gives you plenty of time to relax, thrive and be the best you. The exact leave benefits you receive will depend on the country you join us in, but can include the following:
- Vacation leave
- Additional vacation leave
- Study leave
- Parental leave
- Compassionate/family responsibility leave
- Special discretionary leave
- Sabbatical leave
- Sick leave
- Short-term incapacity leave
- Recognition leave
- Optional unpaid leave
We believe in making dreams possible and connecting the brightest talent to the meaningful opportunities they need to build their skills, ignite their ambitions, and get closer to their purpose.
You’ll discover amazing career opportunities on our website. So, start exploring. You can create a profile or log in with your existing details if you’ve already got one. There, you can complete the online application form and submit it, with the supporting documents we’ve requested.
- Shortlist: Our Talent Acquisition Specialist and relevant Hiring Manager review all applications and make a shortlist of the most suitable candidates.
- Competency- based interview: If you’re shortlisted, we’ll invite you to take part in a competency-based interview.
- Assessments: If you’re successful in with the interview, you’ll move on to the assessments. Depending on the role you’re applying for, you might be asked to undertake a case-study exercise, technical test, and psychometric assessment, as well as any other role-specific assessment.
- Panel- interview: Then you’ll proceed to final interview stage, where you’ll meet an interview panel and get to ask further questions.
If you have been successful in the selection process, our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch to get your consent for our pre-employment screening which includes the following:
- Identity and educational qualification verification
- Credit record and criminal record
- Outside Business Interest Declaration and Personnel Account Trading Declaration
- Sanctions screening and confirmation of current employment.
If we’re happy with your pre-employment screening, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will prepare your employment contract and send you an offer letter, detailing everything you’ll need to know about your new role.
Even before you begin working with us, we want you to think of Standard Bank Group as your home. So, before you join, we'll get you off to a flying start with our onboarding experience.