Spot the ball competition
The Standard Bank Group (Standard Bank / we / us / our) terms and conditions (terms) spot the ball competition (competition)
Please read the Terms carefully and pay special attention to the clauses that are in bold as they may limit our liability (responsibility) or involve some risk to you.
To qualify for the Competition, you must:
- permanently reside in any African region where Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank has a presence.
- be 18 years or older.
- have a valid and active Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account.
- HOW TO ENTER
Visit the Standard Bank Group Twitter, Facebook or Instagram channels (Platform) and comment by telling us how many soccer balls you can find in the image (Comment).
- You may only submit one entry for this Competition.
- There are no forms to fill in. You need to meet the requirements set out in clause 2 and clause 3 to qualify for a valid entry
- Only the Comments with the correct Answers will be shortlisted. If there are Comments with the correct Answers submitted, we will shortlist entrants whose Comments are closest to the correct answer.
Two entrants will each stand the chance to win a PlayStation 5 (PS5) with DualSense 5 Controller + FIFA 23 game valued at R19 450.
- We are the promoter of the Competition. Any reference to we/us/our includes our directors, sponsors, agents or consultants, where the context allows for it.
- You cannot participate in the Competition if:
- you are a director, employee, agent or consultant of the Group; or
- you are an immediate family member of any of the persons specified in clause 5.2.1; or
- you are a supplier of any goods or services under the Competition.
- By entering this Competition, you agree:
- that this Competition will be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa and the courts of South Africa shall have sole jurisdiction.
- that that these Terms are governed by the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (as amended); and
- to be bound by these Terms.
- These Terms apply to the Competition and all information relating to the Competition (including any promotional or advertising material that is published).
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms.
- We must process your personal information to validate your entry and if you are a Prize winner, to make the Prize available to you. By entering the Competition, you consent to us processing your personal information for this purpose. If you do not consent, please do not enter the Competition.
- The Prize winners will be selected by a lucky draw conducted by us on 7 December 2022. This process will be overseen by the Standard Bank Risk Governance department at 30 Baker Street, Rosebank, 2196. The first two entrants drawn will win the Prize.
- The Prize winners will be notified by a representative of Standard Bank no later than 9 December 2022 via direct message on the Platform they used for entry (Instagram, Twitter or Facebook).
- Once the Prize winner accepts the Prize, it will be couriered to the address provided by the Prize winner no later than 31 January 2023.
- We may declare the Prize forfeited (lost), and we may choose a new Prize winner, if:
- a Prize winner’s entry is not valid.
- a Prize winner has breached these Terms.
- a Prize winner cannot be contacted or does not accept the Prize within 3 days from the date that the Prize winner was contacted about the Prize.
- a Prize winner gives up the Prize or we determine that the Prize winner has given up the Prize.
- If there is a dispute in respect of these Terms or the Competition, our decision is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the Prize winner agrees to it, we may publish their name and/or photo in any internal or external advertising or promotional material for 12 months from the date on which the Prize winner accepts the Prize. We will determine the nature and distribution of these materials. If a Prize winner does not consent to the publication of their name and/or photo, the Prize winner will still receive the Prize.
- The Prize may not be exchanged for any other item. We do however reserve the right to substitute the Prize with any other prize of a similar commercial value.
- We are not responsible if your entry is not successfully submitted or a Prize winner does not successfully receive or take up a Prize for any reason, including because of a technological failure.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage which you or any third party may suffer as a result of you participating in the Competition or accepting a Prize.
- If required by the Minister for Trade and Industry or the National Consumer Commission or for any other reason, we can end the Competition immediately with or without notice to you. If this happens, you waive (give up) any rights which you may have against us, and you will have no claim against us.
- Nothing in these Terms prevents you from approaching the National Consumer Commission or any other relevant authority to get assistance if you have a grievance.