Brought to you by Standard Bank and HelloChoice
About OneFarm Share
Standard Bank’s OneFarm Share is a digital platform that connects excess fresh produce from food producers to food requests from registered charity organisations in order to feed communities in need.
Established in 2020, the platform has provided a sustainable way to not only address hunger and food security but also help food producers and stakeholders across the agri-food value chain reduce the financial and environmental impact of food waste by diverting it to where it’s needed.
Along the way, OneFarm Share has achieved the following:
- Facilitated the donation of 5 900 tonnes of fresh fruits, vegetables and staples to 1 577 registered charities in 2021, with a goal of donating 10 000 tonnes in 2022
- Contributed to more than 24 million balanced and nutritious meals
- Uplifted emerging farmers, many of them female, by providing opportunities to scale up, access new markets and become commercially viable
- Channelled food directly to where it was needed in a transparent and reliable way
- Taken the problem of surplus stock and turned it into an economic and socially responsible solution
Standard Bank’s OneFarm Share initiative in South Africa
Market conditions created as a consequence of early lockdown measures in 2020 were the catalyst for the development of Standard Bank’s OneFarm Share