Frequently asked questions
Applying for roles and my profile
Managing my application
- Identity and educational qualification verification
- Credit record and criminal record
- Outside Business Interest Declaration and Personnel Account Trading Declaration
- Sanctions screening and confirmation of current employment
- PES is mandatory for all external candidates before an offer of employment can be made.
Standard Bank strives to create a workplace environment where our people are treated equitably and experience a workplace that is inclusive. Our people are valued because of their differences, and we support an inclusive and collaborative working environment. Our talent acquisition approach fosters and sustains a workforce that reflects the demography of the communities we serve.
On the Standard Bank Group careers website main menu go to apply then select my profile.
If you are a first-time visitor select create a new account to create your profile.
Complete the profile information then select create account to activate your profile.
Complete your online application by adding your information, registering your CV, and uploading the required supporting documents.
Once your profile has been completed and your CV has been registered, you can apply for jobs.
- Your latest CV
- Your Identification Document (ID or passport)
- Your qualifications (degree, diploma, certificates)
- Membership certificates to any industry bodies (optional)
- Once you have created a profile and registered your CV on the Standard Bank careers website, from the main menu go to apply then select view all jobs.
- Search jobs by using the filters, then the jobs that meet your criteria will be displayed.
- Click on the job title to view the detailed job specifications, then select apply now to submit your application or save job to view the job later.
Please note: The saved jobs are kept for you to view and apply later, however if the job expires you will not be able to apply for it after the expiration date.
Yes, you can create a profile and register your CV then when you find an opportunity you want to apply for, you can go to my profile and sign in under retuning visitor.
No, a cover letter is not mandatory for your application, however, it is highly advised because it gives the Talent Acquisition Specialist and Hiring Manager a summary of who you are, your career journey and highlights.
When you sign into your profile, you have an opportunity to review your online application, update information and upload new documents. You can make changes or proceed to the job search. The saved application is what the Talent Acquisition Specialist and Hiring Manger will see.
You can withdraw your application, however once it has been submitted through the online application process, you can only withdraw by contacting the Talent Acquisition Specialist via email or phone call.
- Once you have an account and have registered your CV, go to apply from the main menu.
- Then select my profile and sign in under returning visitor, then select view my application status to track your application.