Engineering for Graduate Careers
Engineering is the driving force behind our transformation to a digital platform-led organisation – working in partnership with some of the world’s biggest information technology companies.
Engineering is the backbone of our organisation, and they're the team who are driving our transformation into a future-ready platform business. So it's an especially exciting time to join this graduate programme.
Financial and Information Technology (IT) services are fast-converging sectors. And here in the Engineering segment of the Bank, we’re leading the charge - by evolving our workplaces and people to meet rapidly changing business and customer needs.
We're set to become a 160-year-old 'start-up', as we combine our innovative agility with the benefits of our respected African heritage, clear purpose and established brand. It's an exhilarating time to work here – and we're leading the pack by implementing real and relevant changes to meet our people, business and customer needs.
This 12-month graduate programme offers a transformative journey – as we work to future-proof our team’s skills and capabilities, while meeting world-class delivery standards across digitisation; technology and operations in our drive to win.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in one or more of the following: Computer Science Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Informatics, Information Systems, Software Development, Software Engineering, Data Engineering, or Data Science
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- Must be computer literate.
Programme duration: 12 months
Application dates: 1 April 2022 – 30 June 2022
2022 applications open from 1 April to 8 July.
We believe in making dreams possible and connecting the brightest talent to the meaningful opportunities they need to build their skills, ignite their ambitions, and get closer to their purpose.
- Visit the Careers Portal
- Go to the apply tab then select my profile.
- If you are a first-time visitor select tell me more to create your SmartRecruiters profile.
- Complete the profile information or upload your LinkedIn or Indeed profile to create a SmartRecruiters profile
- Once your profile has been completed and you have uploaded your supporting documents then you can apply for your preferred Early Careers Programme.
Once you've successfully passed the screening part of our process, we'll invite you to a video interview for the programme you've selected.
If your application is unsuccessful for your preferred programme, but you meet the criteria for another, we'll invite you to a video interview for that programme.
If you're successful at the interview stage, we'll then ask you to take part in an assessment. Each assessment we run is individually linked to one of our Early Careers Programmes, but we'll be sure to give you more information on what's expected of you beforehand.
Although we'd like to offer all the talented applicants a place, competition for spaces on our Early Career Programmes is often fierce. That's why, post assessment stage, we'll prioritise letting you know whether your application has been successful or not.